HydrotherapyOur Hydrotherapy programs are a great option for chronic muscular conditions & fitness
Hydrotherapy is a type of physiotherapy treatment conducted in the Fitness Firsts’ heated pool which helps relieve pain, reduce muscle spasms and improve circulation. This form of exercise can be extremely beneficial for chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
When exercise in the heated water it is easier to perform because:
- heat has an analgesic effect
- you are buoyant in water thus there is less load and pressure on your joints
- exercising through the water provides resistance to the joints and muscles, the faster you move, the more resistance.
- the hydrostatic pressure of the water or the pressure of the water on your body can assist in fluid distribution from healing joints.
- exercise in the water with the gentle drag provides great cardiovascular benefits.
Our hydrotherapy treatment programs can help improve a number of conditions, including:
- Back pain/sciatica/lumbar instability
- Whiplash and other neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Balance/coordination problems
- Shoulder and arm pain
- Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Back and pelvic pain during pregnancy
- Work and accident-related injuries
- Rehabilitation after bone fractures, joint replacement or tendon repair
Based in a gym with a pool, IYM Physiotherapy has access to the space and amenities to provide the full range of physio treatment. Reshan individualises treatment and maintenance programs that take into account your interests and safely build on your physical capacity. Accessible and personalised physio with on site parking, highly recommended.
Why Wait When Help Is Now Available
You can visit us either at our Rockdale or Berala office