IYM Physiotherapy’s services include:
Includes the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions for all ages. Treatment plans are goal orientated, specific and tailored to each individual.
– Manipulative and Sports Physiotherapy
– Pre/Post-op Rehabilitation
– Work/Gym Conditioning
– Exercise Therapy
– Dry Needling
– Core Strengthening
– Sports Taping/Strapping
– Weight Loss etc.
IYM Physiotherapy is all ‘Hands-on’ which means that we do not use any electrotherapy like heat, ultrasound and interferential stimulation.
IYM treatment practice is strictly evidence based which means that therapy is backed up by research, science and clinical trials. This ensures the fast and effective rehabilitation of your injuries so that you can reach your goals quicker.
Being located inside Fitness First gym, IYM Physiotherapy can provide you with instant relief from pain and soreness that you might have encountered in your gym workout.
GYM BASED REHABILITATION
Includes the rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries using Fitness Firsts’ gym.
When you have reached the strengthening phase of your rehab, your Physiotherapist shall progress you to perform structured resistance training, stretching, core stability training and functional training until you reach your pre-injury duty goals.
Rehabilitation programs include:
– Return to Work programs through NSW WorkCover and Compulsory Third Party
– Work Conditioning Programs
– Pre/Post Surgery rehabilitation
– Gym Strengthening programs etc.
Fitness First Rockdale has state of the art equipment, exercise studios and functional training space.
Includes Exercise Therapy and Rehabilitation Programs in a Fitness Firsts’ heated pool.
This form of exercise can be extremely beneficial for chronic musculoskeletal conditions. When exercise is performed in the heated water, it can be easier to perform than on land because:
– heat has an analgesic effect
– you are buoyant in water thus there is less load and pressure on your joints
– exercising through the water provides resistance to the joints and muscles, the faster you move, the more resistance.
– the hydrostatic pressure of the water or the pressure of the water on your body can assist in fluid distribution from healing joints.
– exercise in the water with the gentle drag provides great cardiovascular benefits.
Includes Remedial Massage, Trigger-point therapy, Deep Tissue Massage, Myofascial release techniques by IYM’s accredited Massage Therapist.
Massage Therapy can also work in conjunction with Physiotherapy in an individuals’ treatment program. Having two health professionals treating you during your recovery in a session provides you with optimal treatment benefits.
Massage Therapy is not just for injuries. It can be used generally after a stressful day or a heavy workout in the gym. Feeling tight and sore? just walk straight in from the gym floor into our clinic.
EXERCISE & REHABILITATION PRODUCTS
The clinics sell a wide range of exercise and rehab products that can assist with your speedy rocovery and general exercise needs.
NOTE: You do not need to be a member of Fitness First gym to see us!